Tuesday, December 11, 2012

taking a jab at poetry

I felt like trying out sonnet writing myself after I got back from that play.  This one's about Claudius and his reaction the play.  Let me know what you guys think the comments!  I think it turned out pretty well :D

"Thou 'oft thinkest of the evil nature of a King,
thy tyranny so easily can be seen,
if looked upon by the those who could sting.
I am the sting that is not of a crazy mean,
Believing in the strain of the righteous
to justify our mind's angry jabs,
thy play created for the zealous,
vengeance that the good wished grabs.
Created by a man greater than thee,
the man who was the lover of a whore,
her sins be ever remembered by me,
and yet have no doubt of thine precious score.
Anger is the cause of action to greet,
where only in a final battle might meet."

No comments:

Post a Comment