Tuesday, December 11, 2012

for Ophelia

Back with some more poetry.  This one's a little more personal to me.  It deals with a subject I've been struggling with for a while.  I'm not really looking for constructive criticism this time, as I wasn't even intending to post it.  Just thought you guys might be interested.

"Ophelia what am I going to do with you
I’m always on your mind driving you mad
I want to smash you with my shoe
But I know in the end that would only be bad
Why do we have to quarrel this way,
It’s painful, it’s hurtful, it makes life worse
Your family thinks I only want us to lay
And that I’m only on this course
For my own personal gain
But my intentions are true
And I really care that you pain
I’m just not sure what to do
What to do with you and I
I will just wait till you die"

EDIT: Wow, I feel kinda bad now.  It's really tempting to take this down in light of recent events, but I feel like that would be dishonest.  This is a reflection of how I felt, and I'll stand by it -- for better or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment